Behold: the ultimate all-in-one dinner, the new favorite for meal planning, the most fun your kids will have eating dinner all week…The Fajita Crunchwrap.
Recently, I have become extremely interested in taking more control of the food that goes into my body. Less processed meals, more nutritious ingredients, and definitely controlling sugar intake. As part of that journey, I have been trying to figure out wholesome versions of typically less nutritious meals. It started with my favorite Chinese takeout meal, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and now I have moved onto a dish inspired by my favorite Taco Bell menu item: The Crunchwrap Supreme.
It is similar to the original inspiration, but with simple, whole foods while still packing so much flavor! You can make it with steak, chicken, shrimp, or just loads of veggies. I had each ingredient in my pantry, but I recommend using fresh tortillas because they are easier to fold without breaking. Besides that, this is a perfect clear-out-the-fridge recipe, and they are delicious as leftovers!
Enjoy this quick meal any night of the week, or several nights in a row!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
- 10-12 medium sized flour tortillas*
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts**
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz Mexican shredded cheese
- 3 tbsp cumin (divided)
- 3 tbsp chili powder (divided)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil until simmering. Lay chicken breast and sear until cooked through (about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the chicken breast). Set aside chicken and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, add diced onion, bell peppers, and garlic to saute until the veggies are soft and the onion is translucent. Add the rest of the cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
- While the veggies saute, cut the chicken into cubes. Add the chicken back into the veggie mix when the veggies are almost finished sauteing. Stir well to combine the flavors. Remove from heat.
- Gather tortillas and cheese and begin to prepare crunchwraps.
- Layer cheese, veggie and chicken mixture, then more cheese into the tortilla. Wrap the tortilla from the back, folding the edges towards each other. Place folded side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat process until all of the ingredients have been used up.
- Top with extra cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas have a tough outer shell (that's the "crunch" in crunchwrap!)
- *I find fresh tortillas easier to fold for this recipe
- **Can substitute steak, shrimp, or extra veggies
mama jess https://mamajess.com/