Happy Thursday, Mamas! I am so excited to share this less-than-30 minute pasta recipe with you today, it’s packed full of veggies, protein, and Mama Jess pasta sauce of course! I have always joked that one of my special talents is turning anything in the fridge into a delicious pasta dish, and I am proud to say that I have succeeded once again. Which means I’m sharing it with you!
The special part about this dish, though, is in the sauce! I chose to take our no-sugar added, veggie-based pasta sauce and add in a dash of heavy whipping cream to create a luscious creamy tomato sauce and it was such a treat! PS: the leftovers are even better because the pasta has “marinated” in the sauce longer, so it makes for a great meal prepping option. Enjoy this middle of the week dinner recipe, I hope you love it as much as we did!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Veggie & Protein Packed Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 box whole grain Rigatoni pasta
- ½ jar Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce
- 5 links Italian sausage
- 4 tsbp heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8oz jar sun dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
- In a large pan on medium heat, cook the sausage. I find it easiest to heat the sausage links for a few minutes on each side before slicing them into ¼ inch thick slices and sautéing those in the same pan.
- While the sausage cooks, bring a large pot of salted water to boil, then cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When the sausage is cooked through, add olive oil, garlic, red peppers, and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add diced sundried tomatoes and sauté until fragrant.
- Add spinach, cooking until wilted.
- When all of the veggies are cooked, pour the ½ jar of Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce into the skillet along with heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Finally, add pasta in, combining everything evenly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/