Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day, Mamas! We are definitely feeling the love for this delicious fruit dip that we made this week to celebrate! If you are looking for an indulgent breakfast or after school snack sans-sugar.
The secret of this dip is in the creamy avocado. When you blend it up, I promise you won’t taste avocado, but it does wonders for the ultra-creamy texture. Since this dip isn’t necessarily as sweet as “normal” chocolate, I recommend dipping all sorts of naturally sweet fruits in it. Strawberries, raspberries, and bananas were on my platter along with some pretzels!
Find the recipe below, and enjoy some vegan, paleo, and DELICIOUS chocolate tomorrow and any day!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Vegan/Paleo Chocolate Dip
- 2 large, rip avocados pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (though you may want an extra tbsp)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (you can adjust this as needed to thin out dip)
- Pinch of salt
- Add ingredients in a large bowl, reserving the almond milk to add as needed. Using an immersion blender, combine ingredients together until creamy (thinning with almond milk). If you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender too!
- Prepare dip how you prefer to serve it. I put it in smaller bowl and arranged it on a platter with an assortment of fruit and pretzels around it.
- Dip away and enjoy!
Adapted from Fit Mitten Kitchen
mama jess http://mamajess.com/