Alright, I am obsessed with chickpeas. I know, I’m a bit late to the party here, but I swear these lil guys are the new cauliflower (aka they can become whatever you want them to be). Crispy roasted, mashed, pureed, I just love them. plus there is so much protein and flavor packed in those little round balls, you really cannot go wrong.
This recipe was recommended by Mama Jess herself (I am just her helpful photographer/writer!) and it was inspired by a vegan wrap recipe that you can find HERE.
Honestly, this easy meal goes into the same category as whipping up a quick tuna or egg salad, but it is vegan! Delicious mashed chickpeas tossed in chopped up carrots and celery, all doused in a vegan mayo and buffalo sauce? Done, done, and done. Plus it is SO easy! Just a few quick steps and you have a delicious lunch that you can thoroughly enjoy.
Let us know what you think!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- 1 19oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and mashed (leaving some whole for texture)
- 4-6 whole-grain wraps*
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp vegan buffalo sauce (more if you want!)
- 3 stalks celery, small chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and small chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 mashed avocado (or guacamole as an easy substitute!)
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, buffalo sauce, vega mayo, celery, scallions, carrots, salt, and pepper. Mix to make sure everything is evenly coated in the sauce, adding more if needed (or wanted!)
- On a whole-grain wrap, spread the mashed avocado. Top with spinach leaves.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the chickpea mixture on the wrap, depending on the size of the wrap. Just make sure not to put too much in, or else you won’t be able to close it (then it sort of becomes a taco).
- Wrap everything together and enjoy! You could even dip it into vegan-friendly ranch dressing if you so choose!
- *If you are looking to make this a grain-free recipe, these would make delicious lettuce wraps as well with some butter lettuce!