It’s been a busy start to spring! And during days like these, I am always tempted to take the easy way out of dinner with a quick drive-thru run, takeout order, or a frozen pizza.
That is why I love 30-minute meals, especially ones that include two servings of veggies PLUS the veggies blended into our Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce! I used the Trader Joe’s sweet potato gnocchi, but the cauliflower gnocchi (or regular) would be great too. You can also add in browned sausage link slices, I just didn’t have any on hand so it’s the perfect #MeatlessMonday dinner as well.
Enjoy this flavorful dinner dish and enjoy it even the next day for lunchtime leftovers!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Sweet Potato Gnocchi Pasta Dinner
- 1 jar Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce
- 2 bags Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi*
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Optional: Italian sausage, ground up in sliced links (browned)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, add a dash of olive oil and the frozen gnocchi. Cook until the sides are golden brown, just before they start to get soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, saute the peppers, garlic, and onions in the olive oil until veggies are soft.
- Add the spinach to wilt, adding another dash of olive oil if needed. Salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, blending with the veggies.
- Pour in the desired amount of Mama Jess sauce that you want to use (I used about half a jar), letting simmer for a minute or two.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream, if you are using, and stir well to combine the cream into the sauce.
- Allow to simmer for another minute or two before serving.
- *Can use cauliflower gnocchi as well
mama jess http://mamajess.com/