Super Bowl Sunday Paleo Nachos -from Paleo Grubs
OMG! These hit the spot! Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday 🙂 Go Patriots or Seahawks (our office & house is divided so I won’t show my true colors!)
Here is link to Paleo Grub’s wonderful recipe : PALEO GRUB’S VERSION
We simply edited our version to use ground turkey and bien good enchilada (saves you time on spices & chopping onion and garlic). We didn’t miss the cheese at all. You can buy store bought guac or whip up your own. An easy avocado sauce recipe is found here too : Avocado Sauce This one tastes great drizzled over these nachos.
paleo sweet tater nachos with mama jess bien good
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups guacamole
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups mama jess bien good enchilada sauce
- To make the sweet potato chips, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thinly, using either a mandolin or sharp knife. In a large bowl, toss them with coconut oil and salt. Place the chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another 10 minutes. For the last ten minutes, watch the chips closely and pull off any chips that start to brown, until all of the chips are cooked.
- While the potato chips are baking, start preparing the turkey. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and sauté it for 5 minutes. Add the bien good and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro into the turkey mixture. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the nachos, form a large circle with the sweet potato chips on a platter. Add the turkey mixture into the middle of the circle, and then top with guacamole and green onions.
Adapted from paleo grubs
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
Enjoy! And EAT YOUR VEGGIES (even on Super Bowl Sunday..bet Katy Perry has been eating her veggies for all her fun outfits!)