Mamas…the day has come. Whether your children are back to school or back to their iPads with an e-learning set up, we are here for you. Here at Mama Jess, we are happy to provide your family with the nutritious meals and snacks you need to shape those young minds!
Since life is a little hectic right now (okay..maybe more than “a little”) we are excited to bring you this quick and fun after school/e-learning snack to make and enjoy with your kids: Summer Fruit Wraps. Use any kind of fruit that you want, but we added a few of our favorite recommendations below. Dunk them in a whipped honey and greek yogurt dip and enjoy!
Happy Back to School!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Summer Fruit Wraps
For the Wraps:
- 6-8 rice paper wraps. You can usually find these by other Asian ingredients in most grocery stores.
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 ripe peaches, sliced
- Sprigs of mint
For the Dip:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the fruit ahead of time
- To prepare the rice wrap, follow the directions on the package, but usually, it looks like this: fill a shallow dish with warm water. Place one rice wrap in the water, letting it soften for a few seconds.
- Carefully remove the rice wrap from the water and place it on a plate.
- Top the, now malleable, rice wrap with desired fruit combinations and roll like a burrito, tucking in all of the ends so the fruit doesn’t fall out. Repeat.
- Prepare the dip in a small bowl by combining all of the ingredients and whipping together with a spoon until combined and fluffy.