Nothing says “summer” like a fruit crisp, especially when we are in the season of strawberries and peaches! This crisp is especially great because it is completely paleo! Between the sweet fruit, a touch of honey, crispy crumbles, and a dollop of coconut whipped cream, you will fall in love with this recipe more and more with each bite.
This strawberry and peach crisp calls for minimal prep and it’s out of the oven in under 30 minutes! Surprise your family for dessert, bring it to a barbeque, or drop it off to a friend who you’ve missed during quarantine and completely make their day.
A couple of tips:
- The peaches I chose weren’t 100% ripe, and if you notice that yours aren’t either, I recommend adding a touch more honey to allow the peaches to caramelize in the oven.
- The coconut whipped cream whips up quickly, but can still be a bit runny. I recommend freezing it in a sealed container while the crisp bakes, then it will be nice and thick when spooned on top!
This crisp will go FAST! So maybe have another one ready to go just in case. Fair warning…!
Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Paleo Strawberry and Peach Crisp
For the filling:
5-6 ripe peaches, sliced
1 pint strawberries, quartered
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon, juiced)
For the crumble topping:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
Dash of cinnamon and salt
For the coconut whipped cream topping:
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a cast-iron skillet, arrange fruit slices so they are in one layer
- Add in honey, arrowroot powder, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine and form back into one layer.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the crumble ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until crumbles are formed. Sprinkle the crumble in an even layer over the fruit in the cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumble starts to crisp up and turn golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together coconut whipped cream ingredients until they combine and thicken. Peaks will not form so simply seal in an airtight container and freeze until you are ready to enjoy the crisp.
- Serve crisp with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, and enjoy!