Happy 2020! We know a lot of the New Year’s Resolutions out there include incorporating healthier foods into your diets, cutting down on sugar and carbs, and possibly even cooking more dinners at home. So today, we thought we would bring you a recipe that covers all of those: Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan.
We love it because: it fills you up like chicken parmesan would (but with a delicious veggie substitute!), it is not breaded (less carbs!), and it is topped with our Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce (no added sugars!). Plus, you can make this no-hassle meal in less than an hour (with minimal cleanup!). We recommend serving it with cauliflower gnocchi or even our cauliflower rice (cauliflower everything!).
Enjoy this healthy comfort food and the start to your 2020.
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 jar Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Slice the cauliflower into large cauliflower steaks, carefully, allowing the florets to stay together*.
- Brush olive oil onto each side of the cauliflower steaks and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 minutes, turning halfway, or until the cauliflower steaks start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven, and set oven to broil.
- Spoon Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce on to the top of each cauliflower steak to the edge.
- Finally, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of that, covering as liberally as you want.
- Broil until the cheese starts to bubble and turn brown, about 3-6 minutes.
- Enjoy with cauliflower gnocchi or cauliflower rice!
- *If the florets fall apart, place them on a separate baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, roast for 15-20 minutes for an extra snack.
mama jess http://mamajess.com/