Here at Mama Jess, we are constantly trying to think up new ways to make our old favorite snacks and meals healthy. With school back in session in less than two weeks (we are almost there!) we wanted to provide you with some kick-butt snacks to have in your arsenal for when everyone gets home hungry (husbands included).
So today, we bring you roasted cauliflower nachos. Cheesy, savory, packed with veggies, topped with classic nacho toppings, and oh so simple…you can’t go wrong with these!
I used a full head of cauliflower rather than frozen because it will crisp better when roasted if the cauliflower is dry.
This recipe is quick to pop in the oven for a bit, add the toppings, and munch on with your little ones, although we recommend eating these nachos with a fork!
Xoxo, Claire and the mamas at Mama Jess
Roasted Cauliflower Nachos
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans (optional), rinsed
- Cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut cauliflower into florets, laying in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Lightly and evenly coat with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and combine with extra cumin, chili powder, and salt, if so desired
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle shredded cheese on top of roasted cauliflower. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted
- Remove from oven and top with ground beef, red onion, tomato, and beans (optional)
- Enjoy with sour cream and/or guacamole
mama jess http://mamajess.com/