After you all loved our last one-skillet recipe (One Skillet Lemon Chicken with Rice), we couldn’t help but whip up another one! This one is filled with delicious, yet simple, ingredients that bring out rich flavors. It is also the perfect meal to enjoy on a cozy night in, and guilt-free! Plus, it is a great way to add extra veggies into your diet through the cauliflower gnocchi, spinach, onions, and of course…our veggie-packed Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce.
The guilt-free part of this recipe is the cauliflower gnocchi, which is famously found at Trader Joe’s. The trick when cooking it, though, is to NOT follow the instructions on the bag. If you boil the gnocchi, it turns out rather mushy. Instead, saute it from frozen with a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan. The gnocchi will start to crisp up a bit and when they are just golden enough on the outside, they are done! So, I suppose that doesn’t exactly make this a one-skillet recipe but…c’est la vie…
Enjoy this easy, cozy recipe and let us know how you like it!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
- 2 bags Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 4 links spicy chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 jar Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Basil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add in frozen gnocchi and saute until they are golden and are forming a crispy skin on the outside. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet, saute garlic, onion, salt, and pepper over a medium flame with remaining olive oil until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add sliced chicken sausage and lightly brown for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the sausage has browned, add the jar of Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce. You can add as much as you want, I prefer the entire jar but it depends on the size of your skillet. Allow sauce to simmer.
- Add in spinach, stirring it into the simmering sauce, allowing it to wilt.
- Finally, add in the gnocchi, stirring well to evenly distribute.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and basil flakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has properly melted and started to brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, serve hot, and enjoy!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/