Hi Friends – This is the perfect batch cooking lunch recipe. Make this on the weekend and you have a week’s worth of quick, healthy & economical lunches. Trust me, eating organic & veggie based is not expensive! Plus with the fiber in the beans, sweet potatoes & whole wheat/grain tortilla you will be completely satisfied.
mama jess roasted veggie & bean burritos
- 2 whole organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 whole red pepper, diced
- 1 whole red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mama jess bien good enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 package wheat tortillas or wraps - large
- in a bowl, toss raw vegetables in olive oil then add spices. place in large baking dish and roast in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- drain and rinse black beans then add to roasted veggies. add cilantro, lime juice and bien good sauce. combine gently.
- warm your tortillas in microwave according to packaging instructions. spray a casserole dish with a light nonstick spray.
- add 3 heaping tablespoons of vegetable and bean mixture to middle of wrap. add sprinkle of shredded cheese. fold wrap (fold in sides and then roll) and place in pan seam side down so they stay together.
- bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown for a crisp burrito. serve immediately with warmed bien good sauce for dipping. if you are batch cooking, wrap each burrito in foil and store in refrigerator. these are delicious served hot or cold, great for a weeks worth of lunches!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
Veggies & Spices – precooking
Veggies post roasting – ready to fill burritos
My lunch yesterday – perfect!
Keep eating your veggies!