This is my quick, go-to variation on Taco Tuesday…Tostada Tuesday! I’m dedicating this recipe to my Minnesota family that loves, loves Bien Good in after school quesadillas. Thanks for the inspiration A, B & A! xo-Aunt Jess
Secret two ingredients here: cumin seeds & lime juice. Don’t tostada without them! (and Bien Good, the only ORGANIC & NO SUGAR ADDED Enchilada Sauce!)
mama jess chicken tostadas topped with bien good
- 4 8-inch tortillas
- 2 chicken breast, cubed or use cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 teas. cumin seeds
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Mama Jess Bien Good Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are golden. Remove from oven.
- In a medium pan, add oil and chicken. Saute the cubed chicken for approximately 8 minutes or until cooked through and golden. If you are batch cooking, then cook 4 chicken breast and set half aside for later in the week.
- Add the corn, beans, cumin seeds and the lime juice to pan with the chicken. Stir to heat through for couple minutes.
- Top each toasted tortilla with 1 cup of chicken/bean mixture. Top with a handful of cheddar cheese and return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each tostada with a drizzle of Mama Jess Bien Good Enchilada sauce. Optional additional topping: lettuce & tomato, avocados, sour cream.
- Cut each tostada with a pizza cutter and enjoy the crunchy, fast meal!
By mama jess
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
these didn’t last long enough for us to take pictures! sorry…hungry mama!
eat your veggies, don’t eat sugar & eat clean!