Every couple weeks, if not more often – I get a real craving for Mexican food. I don’t think I’m the only one, right? I try not to eat out at Mexican restaurants too much – only because I know there are so many sneaky calories in some of my favorite dishes. So in keeping with a healthy waistline, here is my VERY FAST & EASY Mexican Pasta Recipe. This is one of those go-to, last minute, “What’s for Dinner? Recipes” – and I usually have all the ingredients in stock!
mama jess bien good mexican pasta
- 1 bag Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Noodles – cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey meat (sub with beef or tofu?)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn (frozen)
- 1 organic zucchini – chopped
- 1/2 jar Mama Jess Bien Good Pasta & Enchilada Sauce (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – 2%
- cooking spray or 1 T olive oil
- greek 0% fat yogurt (I promise tastes just like sour cream)
- sliced black olives
- sliced avocados
- sliced jalapeño peppers
- tortilla chips -crumbled for crunch!
- cook pasta noodles, drain water.
- brown meat in large skillet with cooking spray or a splash of olive oil.
- add 1/2 cup of Bien Good Sauce.
- remove meat from pan – set aside while veggies cook.
- sauté zucchini and pinch of salt and pepper for 2 minutes (add more oil or cooking spray if needed), add corn and beans. cook through a couple minutes.
- add meat back to pan/veggie mixture.
- stir in rest of Bien Good Pasta & Enchilada Sauce (1 cup) and pasta noodles.
- right before serving add shredded cheese.
- top with your choice of toppings.
- i like it super saucy with greek yogurt and maybe even a couple tortilla chips crumbled on top too. a healthy way to satisfy your mexican food craving!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/