It’s that season – football games & baseball play-offs – that means parties with lots of delicious appetizers. A classic party dip is Taco Dip, basically all the taco ingredients (ours is without meat) in a bowl with chips for dipping. It’s very fast and easy to make. PLUS, we’ve made this version extra healthy with low fat options like Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and our Bien Good organic enchilada sauce. Thanks to Gina, part of the Mama Jess team, for bringing this recipe to the ‘party’!
mama jess's taco dip
- 1 can refried beans, low fat, low sodium
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup Mama Jess Bien Good Pasta & Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 2% shredded
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- tortilla chips (Xochitl Picositos con Limon are my favorite for this dip)
- spread low fat refried beans about half an inch thick to any size pan (8×8 pictured)
- top the beans with a half an inch layer of greek yogurt (tastes just like sour cream!)
- pour about a cup of Mama Jess’ Bien Good Enchilada Sauce over the Greek Yogurt
- top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- add lettuce, tomato and then avocado. Feel free to add olives, onions, peppers, whatever you enjoy on tacos!
- serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy some guilt-free Taco Dip!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
eat your veggies,