This time of year it is zucchini, zucchini, zucchini! Our gardens and crop shares are overflowing with this vegetable. I don’t know about you but I can only make sautéd zucchini and zucchini bread so many times. I was refreshed by this delicious recipe for baked zucchini chips and it pairs perfectly with Mama Jess Bean Good. I used some golden zucchini in pictures below but I have also made it with standard/green zucchini and it’s equally good! The secret is in the wire rack cooking method…and the sauce of course!
bean good's best friend: baked zucchini chips
- 2 organic zucchini, cut thin (1/4 inch slices)
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teas. Kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk (or even unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Mama Jess Bean Good
- preheat oven to 425° F. spray a large oven-proof wire rack with non-stick spray and set on a baking sheet.
- stir together bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. place milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture patting the crumbs on. place slices on wire rack. repeat until all are coated.
- bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. serve immediately with warmed up Bean Good for dipping.
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
Enjoy this as an appetizer or a great side dish for your summer barbecues. And be prepared to make multiple batches! This ‘chip’ is a great way to get your kiddos to try zucchini if they haven’t already. Delicious!