Mama Jess Back to School Tip #5 – Mini Deep Dish Pizzas with Bean Good
We had to share on of our favorite recipes just in time for back to school! These are so fast, fun & well portioned, you certainly achieve your deep-dish pizza craving (this is huge in Chicago!).
mini deep dish pizzas with bean good
- 16 oz. whole-wheat pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup Mama Jess Bean Good Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup low fat shredded Mozzarella cheese (or fresh mozzarella sliced thin)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 head, broccoli florets, steamed
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Lean sausage
- Bell Peppers
- Pineapple & ham (nitrate free)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Prepare toppings – cut veggies, steam or sauté
- Divide the dough into 9 mini balls. Roll each dough ball with flour and a rolling pin. Press each mini crust into the muffin tin.
- Add a tablespoon of Mama Jess Bean Good sauce. Fill with your fillings of choice – we used mushrooms & broccoli.
- Top each pizza with a heavy pinch of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes. Run a knife around each pizza and pull out of tin. Enjoy!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/
disclaimer – these taste 10 times better than they look!
These cool nicely and can be used for school lunches or after school snacks (hint…these smell so good when you walk in the door from a long day of school!).
Eat your veggies,