mama eats her greens! – asian greens over soba or zucchini noodles
You might think all we eat is red sauce, right?
Well, we actually can’t get enough of our greens, especially spinach & kale – hello iron! Vitamins K, A & C! Sometimes we just want our greens over noodles. Here is my quick and easy spicy Asian style greens. This dish is so satisfying and great left over too. Feel free to add MORE greens by using zucchini noodles, picture shows brown rice soba noodles. You can sub kale and spinach with chard and bok choy too.
go-to spicy asian greens over zucchini noodles
- 4 zucchini - spiralzed
- 1 bunch kale - cut in thin strips
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T liquid aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 teas. honey
- 2 teas. rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T fresh ginger
- 1/8 teas. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Spiralize your zucchini noodles. Or you can sub with brown rice soba noodles. Lightly saute your zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Wash, dry and prepare your kale and spinach leaves. Be sure to slice in thin ribbons.
- Mix the aminos, honey, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. This will be your sauce added later.
- Saute the greens in the sesame oil until they start to wilt. Add the sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes. Plate the zucchini noodles and top with greens & sauce mixture.
- Top with fresh mint & cilantro (don't skip this step!) and some cashews! DELISH!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/