Just because school is starting back up doesn’t mean that summer is over! And in that spirit, today we are bringing you a fresh veggie flatbread to enjoy for the rest of these beautiful days! Crispy flatbread and the perfect mix of sweet and salty veggies…enjoy this one as a snack, appetizer, or meal!
I used a store-bought flatbread and coated it lightly in olive oil, minced garlic, and salt before sprinkling goat cheese on top and baking the flatbread to a crisp according to package instructions (about 10 minutes at 425 degrees F).
While that baked, I chopped up my veggies and lightly marinated them with lemon juice and the spice mixture. When the flatbread was done, I let it cool for a few minutes, then topped and chopped it! That is honestly how easy it is. Keep this one in your back pocket, even to bring to parties!
Keep enjoying these beautiful days!
Xoxo, Claire and the Mamas at Mama Jess
1 flatbread crust
1 shallot, diced
1 bell pepper, small diced
½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
½ cucumber, diced
¼ cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
¼ cup kalamata olives, halved
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp of each: pepper, basil, oregano, thyme, cumin
1. Preheat oven to 425 (or according to flatbread crust directions)
2. Lightly coat top of flatbread with olive oil, garlic, and half of the salt mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle half the goat cheese on top. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until desired level of crispiness has been reached.
3. Meanwhile, combine prepared veggies in a large bowl with lemon juice and spices, stirring until spices have been evenly distributed.
4. When the flatbread has cooled for a minute, top with the veggies and remaining goat cheese.
5. Cut into desired pieces and serve immediately.