This week we are celebrating the return of football season (one week late…) with a super simple, classic recipe: Pizza! We want to prove how versatile our Mama Jess Garden Organic pasta sauce is by turning it into a pizza sauce this week! It might not be magic, but it is delicious. Plus, we wanted to have a bit of fun with a football-themed blog post.
So, enjoy this quick, easy, and fan favorite pepperoni pizza! We think it will be a total hit (or touchdown…)
Fan Favorite Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (I used Whole Wheat!)
- 1/3 jar Mama Jess Organic Garden Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 Pepperoni slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, and salt and spread that evenly over the pizza crust.
- Next, spoon the Mama Jess Organic Garden Pasta Sauce over the pizza, leaving about ¾ of an inch of the edge uncovered. You will use about 1/3 of the jar.
- Evenly sprinkle the layer of Mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Use the pepperoni to evenly layer and form a football shape in the middle of the pizza.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until desired crispiness has been reached.
- When the pizza comes out of the oven, while it is still hot, place a few pieces of shredded mozzarella cheese in the middle of the football to form the laces.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/