Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!! Whether you are cooking, hosting, or a guest, we have an appetizer recipe to bring you today that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. These Cranberry Brie Swirls taste like fall and make you feel oh so cozy with every bite. I wish I could take full responsibility for this delicious dish, but I actually got the recipe from Half Baked Harvest, and it was so fantastic I had to share.
This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients, but I added in walnuts as a surprise 6th ingredient. It takes minutes to prepare (just make sure the puff pastry dough is properly thawed!) and minutes to bake. My only recommendation though…make sure to double the recipe because they will go so fast! Enjoy this light and tasty app…we know you will!
From all of us here at Mama Jess, we hope you have a safe, fun, and food-filled Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Swirls
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 8 oz creamy brie cheese, room temperature, diced with rind mostly removed
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a clean surface, unroll the puff pastry, then roll it out evenly using a rolling pin.
- Brush the pastry with 2oz melted butter all the way up to the edge of the puff pastry sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of butter.
- Sprinkle on diced brie, pressing it into the puff pastry a bit to spread it out. On top of that, evenly sprinkle the dried cranberries and the walnuts (optional).
- Starting at the long end, tightly roll the pastry up, like you would a cinnamon roll. Brush the entire roll with the remainder of the butter, then sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar if you want.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut 16 swirls, placing them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and flakey. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest
mama jess http://mamajess.com/