Some of the best things are made by accident. The Post-It Note. The Microwave Oven. Even Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yes, I looked these up to make myself feel like I am in better company because today’s recipe was an accident…a delicious accident.
It was supposed to be a Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast. But then I didn’t realize that I bought chicken tender cutlets instead of chicken breast. At this point, they were going to be Chicken Pizza Roll-Ups. Then I forgot to add on the pepperoni. So, here we have Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups. And let me tell you, they will stay on the menu. But to be honest, anything that includes Mama Jess Sauce is delicious, accident and all!
So, there you have it, mamas. Let my forgetfulness be your reward as you enjoy this simple and quick dinner topped with our sauce. It is going to be your new favorite thing to pop into the oven after a long day. Serve it with your favorite veg on the side and you have yourself a well-rounded meal!
Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
- 10 Chicken Tender Cutlets
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian spiced bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp salt
- ¼ jar Mama Jess Organic Garden Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Pound the chicken tenders to get them even, but not too thin
- Place the flour in one bowl, crack the egg in a second bowl, and the bread crumbs and salt in a third bowl. Dip each of the tenders on both sides into the flour, egg, and bread crumbs, then set on a parchment lined baking dish.
- Top each tender with a spoonful of Mama Jess sauce, spreading evenly
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each tender.
- Carefully roll each tender from the pointed end and placing them on the baking sheet with the crease facing down. This might get a little messy!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken as reached 160 degrees F on the inside.
- Serve with a side of your favorite veggie and enjoy!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/