I received the gift that keeps on giving for Mother’s Day: an Air Fryer! This thing is practically magical. I have been making french fries, crunchy veggies, and even crispy chicken nuggets for my son who can’t have grains…it’s the best! It has essentially replaced our toaster oven and I think we all like it better…Quick plug: it’s from Costco and you can find it HERE.
This week I took on a family favorite: Eggplant Parmesan because it’s eggplant season! Top it with Mama Jess Garden Good Organic Pasta Sauce and you have a no sugar added, veggie-packed, low carb meal!
Xoxo, Jess and the Mamas at Mama Jess
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- 1/3 eggplant, sliced thin (1/4-1/3 inch)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Mama Jess Garden Good
- 4-8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Avocado oil spray
- Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
- Slice eggplant and salt both sides of the slices. Set aside on towel or paper towel for 15-30 minutes, patting dry after to get excess moisture out
- In a bowl, crack egg mix with add 2 tbsp water
- In a second bowl, combine bread crumbs, almond flour, salt, pepper and oregano
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then flour mixture, coating both sides. Set on plate in a single layer
- Spray both sides with avocado or olive oil (if you don’t have spray, you can brush on oil too) Place in air fryer rack and air fry for 5-6 minutes per side, or until they are golden
- Then, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each piece and air fry for 2 more minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Stack your slices with a drizzle of Mama Jess Garden Good!
mama jess http://mamajess.com/